Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Lombardy Milan Surroundings San Donato Milanese

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

San Donato Milanese

Description

Town in the province of Milan, located near the Lombard capital, San Donato Milanese sits in an area inhabited since ancient times by the Etruscans, Ligurian and Gauls. However, the real development of the area coincided with the construction of the Roman road Mediolanum-Laus Pompeia, which connected Milan and Lodi and precisely in San Donato Milanese was placed fifth milestone "ad quintum lapidem. The construction of the first parish church, entitled to St. Donato dates back to the Lombard period, on demand of Grimoaldo, Duke of Benevento. It is very likely that the village was founded by an abbot of the nearby Abbey of Clairvaux. In the XI century it was owned by the family De Advocati and, once the last heir of this family died, San Donato Milanese was ceded to the Diocese of Milan until the XVI century. In the Napoleonic era, San Donato Milanese was aggregated to the municipality of Bolgia, and two years later it became part of the municipality of Viboldone, losing even its name. All centers regained their names and independence in 1816, with the establishment of the Kingdom of Lombardy-Veneto.

Not to miss:
- The Church of San Donato, entitled to this bishop and martyr. The building's existence is already attested in the X century and was widely described in the XIII century by Geoffredo da Bussero, the present building dates from the first half of the XVII century, erected in Baroque Lombard style and features a single nave divided into three archways. Outside the church does not present particular decorations: the façade is formed by two overlapping orders, above a classical pediment and the entrance features a portico supported by square columns.
- The Church of St. Enrico, in memory of Enrico Mattei, was built in 1963 from the designs of the architect Ignazio Gardella;
- The Church of St. Barbara, built in 1955, designed by Mario Bacciocchi, who was inspired by the shape of the cathedrals of the Po area;
- The Church of the Incarnation;
- The Church of Santa Maria Assunta;
- The Church of St. Maria Ausiliatrice.

Map

This town web page has been visited 31,058 times.

Choose language

italiano

english