Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Lombardy Milan Surroundings Peschiera Borromeo

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Peschiera Borromeo

Description

Peschiera Borromeo is a municipality in the province of Milan, located in the South Agricultural Park, along the Lambro, in an area historically rich in forests.
The territory of Peschiera Borromeo, between the villages of Bettola, Mezzate and San Bovio extends the "Carengione", a wetland area rich in woods and meadows, crisscrossed by irrigation canals and fountains, once a hunting reserve of the Earls Borromeo and today a WWF oasis.
As noted in the town's name, the area is rich in watercourses, springs, ponds and farms. During the Middle Ages it became one of the salt trading points along the Lambro, and major supplier for Milan.

Not to miss:
- The Castello dei Conti Borromeo, one of the oldest possessions of the noble Lombard family, originally from San Miniato in Tuscany. Today the building is still surrounded by a moat, the exterior is characterized by four corner towers with sighting points and a large park.
- The village of Mirazzano, the oldest of the town, with its farms (the Pestazza, Fiorani and the castle);
- The Parish of Saints Peter and Paul, built between the VI and VII centuries, is considered one of the oldest suburbs of Milan. Sacked by the troops of Barbarossa in 1158, it underwent several restorations over the centuries;
- The Church of San Martino, built in 1692 using the outer walls of the existing church, dedicated to same Saint;
- The Chapel of Santa Maria delle Vittorie in Canzo, the building date is unknown. It features a fine Baroque altar with terracotta statues of the Madonna del Rosario, Angels and of a dead Christ;
- The Parish of St. Riccardo Pampuri in the village of Zeloforamagno, consecrated since 1992;
- The Parish of Saint Ambrose of Linate, rebuilt between 1911 and 1912, of the previous structure remains the bell tower and part of the masonry;
- The numerous mills, which are an example of proto-industrial entrepreneurship of the area.

Map

This town web page has been visited 25,513 times.

Choose language

italiano

english