Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Abruzzo Chieti, Pescara and Teramo Torano Nuovo

Stay

Most viewed in Torano Nuovo

  • Barone Cornacchia Abruzzo Wines

    The estate owned by the Azienda Agricola Barone Cornacchia farm is what is left of the vast fiefdoms conceded originally by the King of Naples to the Cornacchia family, together with the baronial title, towards the beginning of the Sixteenth Century....

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Torano Nuovo

Description

A beautiful vine area in the province of Teramo, also known with the title of "capital of the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo," Torano Nuovo has Etruscan origins, as evidenced by the name that derives from the name of the goddess of fertility Turan (the adjective "New" instead, was added in 1864). In the Middle Ages it featured an important castle situated on the border between the Papal State and the Kingdom of Naples. In 1496, during the "war of chalk" of Charles VIII, the town was completely destroyed, but thanks to the diligence and ingenuity of its inhabitants it was rebuilt in a short time.
Besides the impressive spread of vineyards, which produce DOC Montepulciano, Trebbiano DOC, Controguerra DOC and Colline Teramane (hills of Teramo) DOCG, it is possible to a visit several artistic heritage sites, such as:
- the Baroque Church of Our Lady of Grace, originally built as a chapel of the Congregation of Charity;
- the Church of San Martino, near the villa of Baron Cornacchia, preserves precious frescoes of the XV century;
- the Church of San Massimo in Varano, in Romanesque Abruzzo style, dating from the X-XI century;
- the Sacred Art Museum, adjacent to the Church of Our Lady of Grace;
- the Old Town square, built after the demolition of the Church of St. Flaviano, it is characterized by narrow streets that surround it and that once revolved around the church, basic element of the medieval towns.

Map

This town web page has been visited 20,921 times.

Contact Basket

Click on the basket icon to create a list of structures you want to contact.

Choose language

italiano

english